|Creating the Painting
"White Flowers on a Table"
|"White Flowers on a Table"
by Charles Kaufman
23.6 x 35.4 inches
For a few days I had been bouncing around ideas in my head about a few still life paintings with bouqets of flowers in them to create and experiment with.
The original painting is available.
|"White Flowers on a Table".
Click on the graphics to see larger views.
|Some notes on creating the painting:
- I had no real color scheme thought out for the painting other than I knew I wanted the flowers to be whitish, beige, pink.
- Initially, the flower vase was a lighter ocrhe coloring, but there was not enough contrast in
|the painting so I made it darker, almost black. (Although I did not use any black paint.)
- I used larger sized paint brushes on this painting than I normally would. Mostly size 16 paintbrushes & larger, whereas on other paintings the average brush size is more a 12.
- Usually when I create a paintings I paint in the outlines first, then paint the rest. This time I painted the outlines in last and using only Raw Umbra paint color; maybe some Prussian Blue with it.
- The background has only verticle brushstrokes in it and the table the flowers are sitting on only has horizontal brush strokes.
|Two of the paintbrushes I used for most of the painting.|
|The initials sketch idea for the painting from my sketch book.
Click to see a larger view of the sketch.
|The paints used in the creation of the painting.
From top, left - right:
|As I sketched in the flowers on the blank canvas, I decided that I would do two paintings based on this design. The first painting would have flowers with petals that were pointed at the end and later I would do another painting with flowers with more rounded petals like seen in the initial sketch.|
|Charles Kaufman adding finishing touches on the painting.|
|Order your limited-edition Giclée Print on Canvas Here.|
|Limited edition of 99 prints on canvas available worldwide.
Restricted to one per person.
Each print is created using heavyweight,
|Ready to hang on your wall!
I take payment via PayPal.
A confirmation e-mail will be sent to you regarding your order.
Prints are shipped within 2 working days of payment.
A shipment tracking number will be e-mailed to you when the print is shipped.
Prefer another method of payment?
|You will be taken to the secure PayPal website for payment.
©2011 Charles Kaufman - Colorful art and paintings by Charles Kaufman-"White Flowers on a Table"